Alltech Automotive LLC., a dynamic global automotive supplier, is seeking a Product Manager to support our Libertyville, IL location. They would have global responsibility for business development, product and process development covering manufacturing and sales on brakes, suspension and steering applications in the Car and Light Commercial Vehicle Industry. Alltech has a global structure covering Sales all over the World as well as Manufacturing facilities in Asia.
Product Manager – oversee market price competitiveness and identify and coordinate the addition of new product categories to our automotive assortment. The applicant will be responsible for developing and executing product strategies, objectives, budgets and promotions for a variety of product lines throughout the product lifecycle.
Key Result Areas:
- Product Line Development – Develop, forecast, implement and monitor product lines.
- New Product Launches – Lead cross-functional teams in the development, design, and launch of products.
- Market Research – Coordinate market and competitive research to identify industry needs.
- Responsible for providing the sales team with technical expertise to enable them to sell our products.
- Responsible for reviewing product data to ensure that the team is kept current on new developments regarding the companies and competitors’ products.
- Act as point of first reference for all product related enquiries for the Industrial Automotive segment and work collaboratively with the team to address any issues that may arise.
- Design market research projects to assess customer attitudes to current product range and new product introductions.
- Liaise extensively with purchasing, quality control, engineering, merchandising and other internal departments to assist the team in managing their day-to-day business requirements.
- Work closely with management to develop business plans and attainable margins to establish the viability of new product offerings.
- Assist in the development and administration of regional product events and promotions.
- Assemble and disseminate information to provide ongoing product knowledge to the team.
- Attend industry trade shows and conduct market research to find new products.
- Follow safety rules, and work in a safe and healthy manner.
- Experience in hydraulic systems, brake parts and steering parts preferred.
- Sharp, detail oriented, analytical and able to develop and deliver reports to track progress.
- Strategize and organize multiple performance marketing efforts and generate performance reports.
- Five years experience in automotive aftermarket industry.
- Demonstrated success defining and launching products and programs.
- Product development experience strongly preferred.
- Technical understanding of automotive products.
- Ability to interact and communicate with all levels of the organization.
- High level of proficiency in Word, Excel, Windows, and statistical software.
- Excellent organization and planning skills – able to meet deadlines in a multi-task environment.
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills – experience working with cross-functional teams.
- Requires a Bachelor’s degree in Marketing, Engineering or Business.
- Compensation and Benefits:
- – Full-time position
– Salary commensurate with experience
- 401K Profit sharing plan
- Paid Vacation
About Alltech: Alltech Automotive is a leading manufacturer of aftermarket auto parts for the United States and World markets based in Libertyville, IL. We are devoted to delivering high quality products and services to both our trade partners and end consumers. Our goal is to ensure that our customers receive a consistent supply of quality Alltech auto parts at affordable prices. We believe in our products and work continuously to meet our standards of Quality, Consistency and Price. By meeting these standards, we believe that we can make tomorrow better than today for our customers.